- About 2 medium carrots
- One small orange
- About 3/4 cups of sugar to taste
- Wash everything; peel and chop the carrots.
- Cut the orange into wedges and peel off the skin.
- Put about a cup and a half to two cups of ice cubes in a blender. Better yet, if you have the refrigerator setting, add ground ice.
- Add the sugar; you can start out by adding half of it before blending, taste it, and add more if needed.
- Blend & enjoy!
Every time I make this it comes out a little different based on how much of any ingredient I have.
- If you want it a bit less sweet or lower in calories reduce the sugar or start with 1/4 cup of sugar, taste it after it's blended, and add sugar bit by bit until you have just enough.
- Hate pulp? Go with less orange. I recommend against straining this because you will lose a lot of the nutritional content.
- Want to add benefits? You can include omega-3's by adding a teaspoon of ground flax or chia seeds. Throw in a tiny bunch of a deep green veggie for an added mix of nutrients.